Bula Kava House Nangol Noble Kava Powder

After trying both the Nambawan and Melo Melo from Bula Kava House I was hooked and had to try one of their other Vanuatu kava strains: Nangol Noble. This is another ground kava root sold for kneading into water to create that traditional kava beverage we all know and love. So how does Nangol Noble compare to the other strains from Bula Kava House? Let's find out...

This kava powder is currently priced at $33.50 for a 1/2 lb bag which is comparable to their Melo Melo (only 50¢ more). In terms of strength I would also rate it close to the Melo, not as strong as Nambawan but still clearly above average compared to other powdered kava sold online. The comfortable dose range for me seems to be between 3-5 tbsps of the root powder (depending on how strong I want the desired effects), kneaded into water using the traditional method and knocked back as multiple small drinks.

Taste: The dominant flavor is a strong peppery bite with hints of bitter cocoa. You get a strong numbing sensation as soon as the flavor settles. The overall taste is strong but not too heavy or pungent. I can easily knock a few of these back without making the dreaded kava grimace face afterward.

Effects: After a few shells I notice that there's not as much of a body high as Melo or Nambawan but the mental effects are great. This kava totally removes my anxiety and gives me that general sense of well being without making me feel slower or sedated. It actually put me in a generally chipper mood with enough energy to give my house a thorough cleaning while enjoying the euphoric effects. It's more of an upper and would be a great daytime kava or anxiety relief to take before social events.

So far this one and Melo Melo are my favorite varieties from Bula Kava House. Nangol will be my daytime board-games-with-friends/clean-up-around-the-house drink while the Melo is my bedtime kava now. They both have their place and it's great to have options to mix it up and alternate between the two experiences depending on your mood.

Try for yourself: https://www.bulakavahouse.com/collections/vanuatu-kava-root/products/kava-root-nangol-noble-kava-powder