Plain Jane Full Flavor Trim (Golden Cherry)

After trying Plain Jane's full flavor trim from their Sour Space Candy and Elektra strains I was so impressed that I decided to purchase some Golden Cherry trim as well. There's not a lot of information about this strain online other than the fact that it's a cross between the Black Rose and Cherry Wine strains. This means that it has two different ancestors compared to the first two varieties I tried which both had Early Resin Berry as a common parent.
In terms of price this trim does cost a bit more than the previous two. 7 grams of Elektra trim was only $5.50 and Sour Space Candy was only $6. Golden Cherry however costs $8.75 for the same amount of trim but this is likely because it's from indoor grown hemp plants. Indoor plants require more resources to grow and are almost always better quality which will naturally be reflected in the price.
You may be wondering why I'm even bothering with trim instead of going straight for the highest quality bud in the first place. Aside from wanting to try all of the products I can get my hands on for comparison I personally enjoy CBD trim specifically for vaping. It's not super potent but it makes for a nice mellow vape session so even when I do buy some really strong buds I still like to throw a bag or two of trim in the cart. So let's give this Golden Cherry trim a try...

Appearance: It looks good for trim. No complete buds or anything but plenty of bud fragments and sugar leaf. Not many stems, certainly no thick ones, and not a single seed as far as I can tell. The color is noticeably brighter than the Elektra or Sour Space Candy trim. It's pretty dry, but for trim that also means you're not paying as much in water weight and it's preferable for vaping anyway. The contents of my bag weighed about 8 grams instead of 7 so once again Plain Jane seems to err on the side of extra rather than shorting you. Nice!

Smell: As soon as you open the bag you're greeted with a smell that's sweet with dark, rich notes of dried fruit. There's a slight funk to it that balances the dark fruitiness really well and makes for a nice complex aroma. This one definitely smells the best out of the three varieties of trim I've gotten from Plain Jane so far.

Taste: As with any trim I recommend vaping instead of smoking to truly appreciate the taste and avoid any dry harshness. It vapes really smooth with a burst of dried cherry taste at first that gradually transitions to a combination of floral, almost rose-like notes and finally a warm cinnamon spice toward the end of the vape session. It's tasty all the way through. Decarboxylating this trim would probably make for some delicious edibles! You may be able to get away with smoking it but I'd recommend adding a bit of moisture back if you plan to go that route.

Effects: The CBD content seems pretty good, especially for being mostly leaf. I can clearly feel it after vaping about 1/4 of a gram. The effects have good daytime potential. I don't feel too sleepy or heavy headed, just relaxed with a warm euphoric body sensation. It makes for a nice companion to a cup of coffee to get a good pick-me-up without as much of the caffeine edge. This effect would be great for social events or playing board games with friends and doesn't seem to impair my productivity any.

I'm really interested in trying some buds from this strain soon because this trim really knocks it out of the park. If you're looking for an interesting variety to toss in your vaporizer, this one is full of delicious fruity flavor and nice effects that won't just put you to sleep.

Try for yourself: https://plainjane.com/full-flavor-trim/