Plain Jane CBD Full Flavor Trim (Sour Space Candy & Elektra)

If you've shopped around for CBD hemp products online you've undoubtedly heard of Plain Jane before. They're known mostly for their low-scent hemp cigarettes/pre-rolls (which I'll review in a future post) and for having some of the best deals on small bud flower and hemp trim, some of which are less than $1 a gram! But as anyone who's ever bought hemp products knows, cheaper isn't always better. So, is Plain Jane's Full Flavor Trim worth it? I decided to order a couple of bags to find out!

The two varieties I bought were Sour Space Candy and Elektra. Let's take a look at each one.

Sour Space Candy

This one was $6 for what the website says was 7 grams however the contents of the bag I got weighed in at around 8.75 grams... Bonus!

Appearance: There are a few tiny stems, but not many, and no seeds at all so far. The contents are definitely more leaf than flower but on the upside, many of the leaves do appear to be fuzzy sugar leaves and there are a handful of small flower buds mixed in there. It's what you should expect from a product labeled "trim".

Smell: The smell is amazing and strong enough that I caught a whiff as soon as I ripped open the top of the plastic bag (even before unzipping the seal). It smells peppery, with a hint of pine and bright green grass.

Taste: The taste is bright and citrus like lemon zest. Due to the leaf content it hits a bit harsh so vaping is definitely preferable and in fact a very nice experience. If you just pick out the bud pieces they burn much more smoothly but there was a lot of leaf to pick through.

Effects: After vaping about 1/4 of a gram I feel a nice warm, comfortable body sensation. It's not sedating or heavy headed like some CBD products, just a nice overall sense of calm comfort. I plan to vape some of this before playing games or reading but it's relaxing enough to be nice before bed too.

Elektra

Their Elektra trim was only $5.50 for 7 grams, so a slightly better deal than the Sour Space Candy. And again I ended up receiving more than advertised because the contents of the bag actually weighed a little over 8 grams. For only $5.50 that's a pretty awesome deal.

Appearance: This one completely exceeded my expectations. The bag was almost entirely small fuzzy buds and bud fragments. Way more bud than leaf and almost no stems or seeds. Fluffy and a little sticky. The overall quality here seems great for the price point.

Smell: The scent hits you in the nose as soon as you open the bag with a strong, sweet earthy pine and subtle pungent fruity notes. You will definitely want to keep sniffing it. 🥰

Taste: The taste is rich and smooth. A bit greener and grassier than it smells, especially on the aftertaste. While I would still recommend vaping it, this one is smooth enough that you could take out a random pinch and smoke a few bowls without it being too harsh.

Effects: Immediately after a few hits I feel completely relaxed and stress-free. I can feel the muscles in my face relax and my shoulders ease up as all of the anxiety just slides right off. I'll be vaping more of this one before bed for sure!

Final thoughts

Of the two of these I was most impressed by the quality and bud ratio of the Elektra trim but at the end of the day, since it's trim, you can't really expect consistency bag to bag. There may be bags of Elektra that are worse than the one I got and there may be much better bags of Sour Space Candy trim. For consistency you can pay a bit more for their small buds, and for even higher quality you can buy the full buds.
 
Still I think for less than $1 a gram these orders were both worth it and a really hard bargain to pass up. I'll try ordering more in the future and see how the quality holds up from bag to bag. Of these two I tried having one that was okay and one that was great is a pretty good score so far.